1 lb. (5 kgs) ham
1 bottle marmalade
2 tsps. grated orange rind
2 cups fresh orange segments
5 medium ripe bananas
2 Tbsps. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
15 whole cloves
2 Tbsps. vinegar
- Bake ham in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F, (15 minutes for each pound).
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat marmalade until it is of a syrupy consistency.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, remove marmalade from heat and blend in orange segments, banana slices and lime juice.
- Spoon mixture over ham 15 minutes before it is finished baking.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and vinegar, brush this over ham. Bake ham for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with candied sweet potatoes and rice & peas.