JamaicaScene.com: Jamaica Travel Guide
1 pound beef oxtail, cut into pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1 scotch bonnet chile pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup canned fava beans, drained
1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1. Toss the oxtail with the onion, green onion, garlic, ginger, chile pepper, soy sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Brown the oxtail in the skillet until browned all over, about 10 minutes. Place into a pressure cooker, and pour in 1 1/2 cup water.
3. Cook at pressure for 25 minutes, then remove from heat, and remove the lid according to manufacturer’s directions.
4. Add the fava beans and allspice berries, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and stir into the simmering oxtail.
5. Cook and stir a few minutes until the sauce has thickened, and the beans are tender.