4 firm-ripe plantains
vegetable oil (deep fried)
1 tablespoon cinnamon or nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Peel plantain by making 2 incisions on opposite sides of the plantain skin and then peel.
- Sliced lengthwise full size, but the smaller diagonal or half slices are easier to fry.
- Heat enough oil to cover plantain over medium heat in a large frying pan and add the sliced plantains.
- Fry plantains until golden brown.
- Place fried plantains on a paper towel and dry off any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and vanilla to taste.
Serve with an ice cold fruit punch drink (none alcohol).