4 lb pork shoulder
¼ cup escallion finely chopped
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
¼ cup garlic minced
1 tbsp scotch bonnet pepper diced
2 tsp thyme minced
¼ tsp salt1 tsp brown sugar1 tsp allspice
½ tsp nutmeg minced
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp cane vinegar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup Jamaican Jerk Sauce
1. Combine all of the ingredients except pork and vegetable oil and sauce in a blender and puree.
2. Place the pork in a roasting pan and coat with the marinade.
3. Cover and marinate overnight.
4. Prepare a charcoal grill when the coals glow dusty red, push the coals to the sides 5. Place a foil drip pan in the center arranging the coals around the pan to ride indirect heat.
6. Brush the meat with the marinade as often as possible for 1½ hours sprinkling with beer as well.
7. Add more coal and jerk. Remove the pork to a chopping board and chop with a cleaver into 1-inch pieces.