1/4 pound salted codfish
1/4 pound flour
1 medium sized onion
1 small clove garlic
2 scallions1/4 teaspoon hot pepper
2 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Soak codfish in water overnight to remove excess salt.
- Use a sharp knife to dice, shred finely, and set aside.
- Chop and combine onion, garlic, scallion, hot pepper and tomatoes.
- In a skillet using a small amount of oil, saute the chopped vegetables.
- Place the codfish in a mixing bowl and add flour and cold water to make a thin batter.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and the paprika.
- Spoon the batter into a skillet that has 1 inch of hot oil, or use a deep fryer. Fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides.