2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup lard
1 cup cold water
1 tsp ground turmeric or (1/2 tsp Jamaican Curry Powder and 1/2 tsp annatto for coloring)
Beef filling for patties
1/2 cup milk
1. Sift flour, turmeric (for coloring), salt and knead in lard.
2. Bind with water to form a firm dough and knead for 2 minutes.
3. Roll pastry 1/8 inches thick. Cut pastry round 6 inches.
4. For extra patty crust flakiness, roll out brush with lard, fold over and roll again. Do this about 3 times.
5. Divide beef filling between patties, brush edges with water. Fold over and seal glaze with milk.
6. Bake on top shelf for about 25 mins. at 450 degrees until golden brown.