1 Tin of Jamaican Ackee (drained)
1 lb Salt fish (codfish)
1 sprig of fresh thyme or 1 tbsp of dried thyme
1 dash of black pepper
1 scoth bonnet pepper
1. Soak salt fish in water to remove excess salt, boil and remove bones.
2. Break the salt fish into small pieces.
3. Place skillet with cooking oil on the fire
4. chop up onion, tomato, and scallion and add to heated oil.
5. Add thyme (break up if you use sprig).
6. Add a small slice of scotch bonnet pepper (no seed please…this pepper is very hot so if you don’t likethe heat, you can eliminate this step).
7. Let seasoning sautee for a few minutes.
8. Stir in salt fish for about 2 minutes.
9. Stir in ackee and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
10. Add a dash of blackpepper (optional).
11. Serve with fried dumpling, cooked dumpling + other ground products, festival, or as a side dish.