2 packets yeast (4 ½ tsp.)
1 tsp sugar
¼ cup warm water
1 medium egg shopping list
1 cup warm milk
1 tsp salt
3 ½ cups white flour
½ cup melted butter
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and water together. Beat the egg and stir in to the mixture. Stir in the milk and salt. Stir in 2 cups of the flour.
2. Slowly add more flour, stop when the mixture becomes stiff. Knead the dough until it is smooth about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough to a clean buttered bowl. Roll the dough around the bowl until it is entirely coated in butter.
4. Cover with a damp towel for 1 hour. Divide the dough in to 10 pieces and roll each piece in to a circle, about 1/2 cm thick.
5. Brush the dough with melted butter then fold in half.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place folded pieces on a well greased sheet and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake until golden brown (this should take around 15 minutes).