3 lb. Chicken
1 stalk scallion
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups water
1 tsp. Salt
3 regular sized carrots
1 oz. soy sauce
1 sprig. thyme (chopped)
1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion (Chopped)
2 Tomatoes (diced)
½ oz lime juice
4 tablespoon ketchup
1. Wash the chicken in water with the lime juice.
2. Clean & cut chicken into small pieces.
3. With the exception of the oil and ketchup, combine the chicken and all the other seasonings-including soy sauce.
4. Rub all the ingredients into the chicken and allow to marinate for a few hours (even overnight, if possible).
5. Remove the tomatoes,scallion and other easily removed seasonings from the chicken and place in a bowl.
6. Heat the vegetable oil- well hot, and fry all the chicken pieces until brown.
Add all the seasonings in the same saucepan along with the tomato ketchup and carrot.
7. Add water
8. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender.